10 Valentine’s Day Tunes To Set The Mood
10 Valentine’s Day Tunes To Set The Mood
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner! Luckily, we’ve found a playlist, stacked with classic love songs and all the feels. From heartfelt ballads to all-out rockers, the Crazy in Love playlist has hours worth of tunes to make you all warm and fuzzy inside. Here are some highlights…
Prince | “Kiss
Nothing sets the mood quite like Prince’s 1986 chart-topper, "Kiss.” From the instantly recognizable opening riff to the Purple One’s almost whispered vocal delivery, the entire song teeters on the edge of excitement.
2. Grover Washington Jr. | Just the Two of Us [feat. Bill Withers]
Featuring the late, great Bill Withers (who also wrote the song), this smooth and soulful declaration of togetherness is guaranteed to melt any heart.
The Pretenders | “I’ll Stand By You”
A binding ballad of love and devotion with a chorus that throws its arms around you… with the strength of Chrissie Hynde behind you, surely anything is possible.
Eric Clapton | “Wonderful Tonight“
From his 1977 smash, Slowhand comes this sweet, homespun love song. As the story goes, Clapton penned "Wonderful Tonight" while watching is girlfriend at the time, Pattie Boyd cycling through outfits to wear to Paul and Linda McCartney's annual Buddy Holly party.
Foreigner | “I Want To Know What Love Is”
This may be one of the most classic love songs of all time! So good that not even its creator, Mick Jones, is prepared to take credit for it, with the guitarist once saying: “I Want To Know What Love Is came up at three in the morning sometime in 1984. I don’t know where it came from. I consider it a gift that was sent through me. I think there was something bigger than me behind it. I’d say it was probably written entirely by a higher force.”
Eagles | “The Best of My Love”
Love stories rarely have perfect endings, which might explain why the Eagles' mantra to treasuring the good times gave the band their first #1 single. Wrapping up an age-old universal theme in smooth creamy harmonies makes this tune impossible not to sway along to.
The Cure | “Just Like Heaven”
If Robert Smith was to ever send a love letter, we imagine it would go just like this;because for his wife Mary, that’s exactly what this song is. The ultimate love story, Robert and Mary have been married since 1988, the same year he also penned “Lovesong” as his wedding present to Mary.
Fleetwood Mac | “Everywhere”
Phil Collins | “One More Night”
If you’ve ever found yourself searching for the words to sum up your undying love, we suggest studying the seductively smooth hits of Phil Collins. “One More Night” was his second of six number ones during the 80s, including “Another Day in Paradise,” “Against All Odds,” “Two Hearts,” “Groovy Kind of Love.” Safe to assume, if anyone knows how to cut straight to the heart, it’s Phil!
Cyndi Lauper | “Time After Time”
Cyndi Lauper's most endearing masterpiece captures both the complexity and the simplicity of unconditional love in one line: “If you're lost, you can look and you will find me, time after time." No wonder it’s been voted one of the Best Love Songs of All Time by both Rolling Stone and MTV.
For all these classic tunes and many more, listen to the Crazy In Love playlist on Spotify:
Listen to Crazy In Love on Apple Music:
- https://www.ilikeyouroldstuff.com/news/lindsey-buckingham-shares-new-single-screamMusic NewsPOSTED 3 Sep 2021
- https://www.ilikeyouroldstuff.com/news/eagles-live-at-the-forum-76-to-debut-on-vinylMusic NewsPOSTED 25 Aug 2021
- https://www.ilikeyouroldstuff.com/news/remembering-the-cures-friday-im-in-loveMusic NewsPOSTED 6 Aug 2021
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- https://www.ilikeyouroldstuff.com/news/nick-cave-the-bad-seeds-unveil-unreleased-ghosteen-b-side-earthlingsMusic NewsPOSTED 17 Sep 2021
- https://www.ilikeyouroldstuff.com/news/rolling-stone-magazine-names-aretha-franklins-respect-the-greatest-song-in-historyMusic NewsPOSTED 17 Sep 2021
- https://www.ilikeyouroldstuff.com/news/dave-grohl-shares-old-home-videos-in-trailer-for-upcoming-memoir-the-storyteller-tales-of-life-and-musicMusic NewsPOSTED 16 Sep 2021
- https://www.ilikeyouroldstuff.com/news/5-early-joni-mitchell-essentialsMusic NewsPOSTED 15 Sep 2021