- Mar 2 2021Celebrating the nicest guy in rock with legendary acts of awesomeness.
Here’s 8 Times Dave Grohl Proved He’s A Total Legend
Here’s 8 Times Dave Grohl Proved He’s A Total Legend
Dave Grohl performs at during Cal Jam 18, October 2018 in California. Photo by Neilson Barnard/Getty Images.
Dave Grohl is said the be the nicest guy in rock. Aside from that, he's reached rock icon status on several occasions - as the drummer of Nirvana through to fronting the Foo Fighters, oh and that band he formed with John Paul Jones.
Outside of all of those momentous achievements, here are 8 times he proved he's the dude we all want to be bet mates with.
1. 23-Minute Instrumental ‘PLAY’
Released in August 2018, Dave Grohl’s mini-documentary, PLAY, features a 23-minute musical opus that was debuted at Warren Haynes’s Christmas Jam, an annual charity concert held in Asheville, North Carolina.
On the recording Grohl all plays seven instruments himself: “You’re always chasing the next challenge.”
Even when you’re Dave Grohl!
2. Producing a TV Series with his Mum.
Dave and his mum, Virginia Hanlon Grohl, are executive producing a new docuseries about rock moms - From Cradle to Stage. Based on Virginia’s 2017 book of the same name, the series features interviews with the mothers of Pharrell, Adam Levine, Tom Morello, and more.
“I’m beyond excited to join in on the next step of my mother’s project to explore the stories of other musicians who were as fortunate as me, having been raised by such amazing women. Plus…I owe her one.”
3. Naming the cast of The Shining for Foo Fighters biopic.
When posed with the question of who would play him in a theoretical Foo Fighters Documentary during a radio interview, Grohl responded with an immediate but unexpected answer:
“I’m going for Shelley Duvall. Like, look at Shelley Duvall from The Shining,” he said. “She’s like, ‘Get away from me! Get away from me!’ Like, that’s me. That’s totally me.”
Then continued by suggesting that Jack Nicholson plays drummer, Taylor Hawkins.
Perhaps Grohl's as bigger Kubrick fan as me and simply angling for a Shining remake – genius!
4. Gives a kid a guitar.
During a concert in Missouri, Grohl got 10-year-old, Collier Cash Rule, up onstage for a chat and learnt that Collier knows a few Metallica tunes.
“Do you want to do a Metallica song?” Grohl said.
Collier launches into “Enter Sandman”, with Grohl standing by, stunned at the boy’s skill.
He was so impressed that he gave the boy his guitar without a second thought.
“The tour’s almost over, I might as well give him the f***ing guitar,” Grohl said before the two hugged.
5. Making fans celebrity selfie dreams come true.
Dave Grohl was in Las Vegas recently, and left a variety of hilarious photos with fans in his wake. Perhaps growing bored of the generic selfie, Grohl has taken to screaming in fans faces, like the rock god he is.
6. Backbeat BBQ pop-up for the LA Regional Food Bank.
Grohl took his Backbeat BBQ pop-up to the Eat, Drink and Support event, organized to benefit the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank.
After spending 36 hours making brisket, ribs and pulled pork, Grohl then sliced the brisket himself and served the line of foodies that snaked through the venue.
"As long as I'm available, I do it," he said. "Giving back is really important and it feels really good and to have a voice and to be able to help people."
7. Playing Satan in this Jimmy Kimmel sketch with Billy Crystal.
Dave Grohl and Jimmy Kimmel’s Halloween shenanigans go way back, but last year they took the opportunity to step it up with this God and Satan sketch, featuring Billy Crystal.
Crystal appears as God … a version of God dressed like a movie executive on vacation in 1992 … and Grohl appears as Satan, flicking his tongue and playing a flying-V guitar. In this version of comedic reality, the pair are friends, engaging in fun activities like playing paper-rock-scissors for Ted Cruz’s soul.
8. Falls off the stage in Vegas after chugging a beer.
In his most recent stroke of brilliance, Grohl attempted to chug an entire can of Bud Light while playing guitar … and totally ate shit.
Mid solo, Grohl motions toward a crowd member who passes the frontman a can beer. Placing the can on a conveniently head-high speaker, he attempts to skull it hands-free, fails, skulls it anyway then falls off the stage, barely missing a note on the guitar. Even when he fails - he's awesome.
Here's to many more to come, you relentless rock legend!
Join in the celebration and get your grunge on with our I Like: The 90s playlist! Packed full of feels with the alt-rock and edgy pop hits of the 90s.
- https://www.ilikeyouroldstuff.com/news/them-crooked-vultures-honrsour-taylor-hawkins-first-perfromance-10-yearsMusic NewsPOSTED 5 Sep 2022
- https://www.ilikeyouroldstuff.com/news/watch-paul-mccartney-perform-dave-grohl-bruce-springsteen-glastonburyMusic NewsPOSTED 27 Jun 2022
- https://www.ilikeyouroldstuff.com/news/watch-perry-farrell-join-foo-fighters-for-a-slamming-cover-of-janea-addictions-been-caught-stealingMusic NewsPOSTED 21 Mar 2022
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- https://www.ilikeyouroldstuff.com/news/the-doobie-brothers-five-of-the-bestMusic NewsPOSTED 27 Sep 2022
- https://www.ilikeyouroldstuff.com/news/red-hot-chili-pepper-honour-eddie-van-halen-new-single-eddie-wmMusic NewsPOSTED 26 Sep 2022
- https://www.ilikeyouroldstuff.com/news/tom-pettys-legendary-filmore-residency-chrnicled-upcoming-live-album-wmMusic NewsPOSTED 23 Sep 2022
- https://www.ilikeyouroldstuff.com/news/the-best-of-the-bad-seedsMusic NewsPOSTED 22 Sep 2022