- Mar 2 2021Over 200 acts playing across 5 stages, here's who you just can't miss seeing...
Hot Tips For Bluesfest 2018
Hot Tips For Bluesfest 2018
The annual Byron Bay Bluesfest descends upon us this weekend! Running every Easter long weekend since 1990, it features a large selection of bands, mostly blues and roots performers, from Australia and around the world, and is now one of the world's leading contemporary music festivals.
If you are lucky enough to be heading that way this long weekend we highly recommend you plan your days as there are over 200 acts playing across 5 stages! Make sure you catch these artists live. Here are our Hot Tips for Bluesfest 2018...
One of the most iconic rock voices of all time, and no stranger to Bluesfest! The ILYOS crew were lucky enough to catch his sideshow in Sydney last Friday with his phenomenal band The Sensational Spec Shifters - these guys display some of the best musicianship you'll ever see - and we can vouch that this'll be one of the weekend's highlights. Blasting through songs from both his solo career and Led Zeppelin, you'll be in awe. The new songs from 2017's Carry Fire album will leave you feeling hypnotised.
Nile Rodgers is an icon and you'd be mad to miss an opportunity to see him perform hits with disco legends CHIC. What better place than at a sunny festival to get down to "Le Freak" and "Good Times" - we can't think of a better place on Earth that could top the atmosphere.
She's one of the best to have combined country, blues, rock and pop on hist including "All I Wanna Do" and "If It Makes You Happy". What an honour to have Sheryl Crow in Oz, and we know she puts on one hell of a live show - you'll be impressed equally by her vocal ability and guitar prowess.
Hall of Famer Jackson Browne has written and performed some of the most literate and moving songs in popular music and has defined a genre of songwriting charged with honesty, emotion and personal politics. In a career spanning over 45 years, he has released nineteen albums: 11 Top 40, 4 platinum, 3 multi-platinum, & 2 Gold. 1977’s Running on Empty is 7 times platinum.
An established superstar, with worldwide album sales exceeding 30 million. A career that began way back in 1991 when his voice drove Adamski’s 1991 club smash “Killer” followed by his own Top 10 hit “Crazy.” On the heels of his stunning debut album, he went on to win the prestigious BRIT Award for “Best British Male” in 1992, while hits like “Kiss From a Rose,” memorably included on the Batman Forever soundtrack, earned him multiple GRAMMYawards and global esteem.
If you're driving up, we've created an awesome Bluestfest playlist for you on Spotify featuring tracks from this years key artists as well as our faves from years gone by...
- https://www.ilikeyouroldstuff.com/news/watch-led-zeppelin-live-physical-graffitti-wmMusic NewsPOSTED 13 Jan 2023
- https://www.ilikeyouroldstuff.com/news/flashback-to-led-zeppelin-live-on-danish-tv-in-1969Music NewsPOSTED 9 Jan 2023
- https://www.ilikeyouroldstuff.com/news/watch-led-zeppelin-stairway-heaven-live-1975-wmMusic NewsPOSTED 14 Dec 2022
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- https://www.ilikeyouroldstuff.com/news/flashback-eric-clapton-iconic-unplugged-concert-wmMusic NewsPOSTED 27 Jan 2023
- https://www.ilikeyouroldstuff.com/news/flashback-to-the-doors-radiant-light-my-fire-on-american-bandstand-in-1967POSTED 4 Jan 2023
- https://www.ilikeyouroldstuff.com/news/flashback-to-the-cranberries-dreams-at-woodstock-94Music NewsPOSTED 6 Sep 2022
- https://www.ilikeyouroldstuff.com/news/jeff-beck-reflects-collaborating-johnny-depp-new-album-18-wmMusic NewsPOSTED 15 Jul 2022